Monday, July 9, 2012

Obsession

Skylanders.

If you don't know what this is, go here.

[For generations, the Skylanders have used their magical powers and weapons to protect Skylands. But now, an evil tyrant named KAOS has frozen and banished them to Earth. Only you can put them on the Portal of Power® and bring them back to life in their world to save Skylands forever.]

Originally, it started it out as a new video game to play on the Wii.  We bought it during our staycation week in June.  It's now grown into an obsession.  You can play it on the Wii, on the computer and with paper.

We've added more to the collection since this picture....These are the characters you place on the portal and play with on the Wii.  They are grouped into categories according to strengths (ex: Air, Magic, Fire, Earth, etc).  [Note: At first, I was hesitant, as this seemed just like Pokemon without the cards.  They've hooked me now too though.]


Then on Saturday morning, Grant came upstairs from the basement with a pile of papers in his hand.  He started asking for things like Glue, Scissors, Tape and a Cereal box.  I'm positive I gave him a look like an alien had overtaken his body.  This is what he was making. A portal, a balloon, a well, etc....all paper versions of things in the Skylanders game.Terri decided they needed a little extra color, so he pulled out the watercolors for her.


Grant took these pictures on my camera that I keep in my purse.  I was happily surprised to find these pictures on the camera today.  So, I thought I'd share them with you too.

The good news: A new edition [Giants] is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment